Complaints Procedure

Registering A Complaint Regarding Yourself

The Practice will make every effort to resolve any issues you may have as we are made aware of them. If you have any concerns, please raise them in a polite manner with a member of our team and they will be happy to help.

If you remain unsatisfied with your experiences at the surgery then you may raise a formal complaint to be investigated further. Complaints can be raised up to 12 months from the date on which the event occurred, or 12 months from the date at which you become aware of the issue.  

A complaint may be raised to either the Practice directly or to the NHS England complaints team.Opinions

A complaint can be made to the Practice in the following ways:

  • Post - Letters can be posted or handed in to the Reception desk marked for the attention of the Practice Manager. 
  • E-mail - E-mails can be sent to marked for the attention of the Practice Manager.
  • Telephone - Complaints can be discussed with the Practice Manager via telephone at a mutually convenient time. Please indicate if you wish this to be arranged with appropriate contact details.

We aim to acknowledge receipt of complaints within 3 working days and aim to provide a full response within a further 10 days from this. We will aim to respond in the same manner which your complaint was made.

(Please be aware that GPs do not receive personal post, and as such, any letters directed to an individual are likely to opened by the Practice team before being directed to the most appropriate person.)

A complaint can be made to NHS England in the following ways:

  • Post - NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT
  • E-mail - - Please state 'For the attention of the complaints team' in the subject line
  • Telephone - 0300 311 2233 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, except Wednesdays when lines open at 9:30am. Closed on bank holidays)

Further information can be found at

Registering a Complaint on Behalf of Someone Else

Anyone may make a complaint on behalf of someone else and act as their representative if they are unable to do so themselves.

In order to proceed with the complaint, we do require consent from the person to whom the complaint relates to that they wish us to speak to the representative. In order to avoid any delay, this is best provided as a signed written statement alongside the complaint.

What To Do If You Remain Unsatisfied

If you have received your response from the Practice or NHS England and still remain unhappy or disagree with the decision, you have the right to contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

If you have any questions about whether the Ombudsman may be able to help you, or about how to log you complaint, please contact their helpline on 0345 015 4033 (calls are charged at a local rate wherever you are in the UK) or e-mail

Further information on the services the ombudsman can provide can be found at

Designed by / Freepik

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website