Appointment Changes Due to COVID-19
Please be aware that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Practice does not offer routine face-to-face appointments. Following instruction from NHS England, all consultations will be carried out by telephone. If the GP feels that they need to assess your case in person then they will arrange for you to come to surgery. They will instruct you on any special measures you may need to take to help keep you and other patients safe.
All our appointments are booked through a computerised diary system which allows you to book any available appointment by phone or online.
Appointments fall into 2 types:
- Same-day appointments - These are booked on the same day you wish to see the doctor. They are designed for more acute issues that can't be dealt with by the local pharmacy.
- Pre-booked appointments - These are booked up to 2 weeks in advance of their time. These are designed for reviews of ongoing issues or follow-ups.
If you wish to book an appointment you can do so by:
- Telephone - You can call the surgery on 0114 234 5338 and speaking to a member of the Reception team. Phone lines open at 8:15am weekdays.
- Online - Logging in to our online services through your unique username and password. New appointments are opened at 8:15am weekdays. For more information on our online services click here.
We will always try and make sure we have the right balance of each appointment available for booking. In general terms, the further ahead you wish to book, the more likely you are to get an appointment. The earlier in the day you ring or go online, the more likely you are to get an appointment. We will try our best to offer you an appointment with your preferred GP or nurse where possible, but this may mean waiting longer than seeing any other GP.
Whilst we aim to predict the number of appointments needed to match demand, on some days there are just more people wanting to be seen than there is time to see them. On these occasions we may ask if you feel the problem must be dealt with the same day. If you feel this is the case we will try to accommodate you where possible, and you may be offered one of the following:
Urgent Appointments for Under-16s
The Practice makes every effort to enure that all children are able to access healthcare services if they require them. Please let our Reception team know if your child or dependent has any of the following:
- A rash
- Suspected ear or water infection
- Sore throat which you suspect could be Tonsillitis
- Any acute infection
- they are in distress or discomfort
We will try to offer you an appointment where possible or arrange for a GP to contact you. Please note that this system is in place to deal with acute on the day medical problems and NOT routine health issues.
The Practice operates a telephone triage system to allow patients who believe they need an urgent on-the-day assessment to speak to a GP. This services is available up to 12:00 midday or when no routine appointments remain available.
This service is only for queries and issues that are unable to wait until the following day and is not appropriate for dealing with routine health issues. It is not an alternative to a booked appointment. A GP will then call you and advise you on the most appropriate treatment or course of action.
If it is deemed appropriate, you may be offered and appointment at one of four GP centres across Sheffield 6pm-10pm weekdays and 10am-6pm weekdays. You will be instructed on how this works by the booking clinician prior to your appointment.
The Sheffield NHS Walk-in Centre
The Sheffield NHS Walk-in centre is a nurse led clinic, providing healthcare for all patients in the Sheffield area. Any member of the public can simply walk-in and see a clinican at the centre for advice and treatment for common illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening.
They can help you with:
- Persistent coughs
- Severe sore throats
- Suddening worsening of long term conditions
The following would not be appropriate for this service:
- Injuries that may require X Ray
- Long standing medical conditions that are managed by your own GP.
- Sick Notes/Fit For Work Notes.
- Dental Problems - we can only provide pain relief not antibiotics.
- Repeat Prescriptions - Emergency short supply only.
- Ear syringing
This service can be found at
Rockingham House, 75 Broad Lane, S1 3PB
Telephone: 0114 271 2700
Opening times: 08:00 – 22:00