Dr Hakes & Partners proudly provides services on behalf of the NHS to patient in the Hillsborough and S6 areas. As a patient of the Practice there are certain expectations that we will aim to provide to you. In return there are certain expectations that we ask that patients also adhere to.
Our Responsibilities to You
- You will be greeted courteously by the GPs, nurses and receptionists.
- You have the right to confidentiality.
- You will be seen by the GP of your choice whenever possible.
- You will be kept informed of any delays to appointment times when you arrive at the surgery.
- You will be referred to a consultant when the GP thinks it necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation during an appointment.
- Your repeat prescription will normally be ready for collection usually within 2 working days of your request.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitation of the law.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaints will be dealt with.
Your Responsibilies to Us
- Please treat all GPs, nurses and other surgery staff with the same respect – we are all just doing our job.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name, address or contact number so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are too ill to attend Surgery. Night visits are for emergencies only - the GP on call will be at work as usual the next day.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us. You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait.
- Please attend for review when asked and before your next prescription is due. GPs will not approve prescriptions beyond your medication review date.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibilities to you.
- We would of course be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due.